- Australian Archaeological Association member pages – (Need to be a AAA member to view)
- British Archaeological Jobs Resource earthworks-jobs.com
- AACAI Facebook Page
See below for the Job Board.
Archaeologist (Aboriginal Culture) – NSW Government
- NSW Government Department – Parramatta location
- ASAP start – contract until end of year
- $58 per hour plus super
A NSW Government Department based in Parramatta is currently seeking specialist assistance for the provision of Aboriginal heritage regulatory and advisory services to support the timely and effective implementation of statutory and non-statutory requirements of the branch including licencing provisions under relevant legislation.
- Deliver specialist advice and guidance related to Indigenous heritage applications submitted for approval
- Assess and determine licencing applications in accordance with governmental Aboriginal heritage regulation policies and guidelines
- Assessment of submitted research design and methodologies that directly impact on Aboriginal heritage objects
- Liaise with various stakeholders and provide advice to the planning team and management on Aboriginal heritage regulation matters
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience working with Aboriginal/Indigenous heritage issues
- Clear understanding of heritage legislation and regulations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Government experience highly beneficial
For more information and to apply click here
Archaeologist (Greek and Roman) - Lithodomos VR
Archaeologist (Greek and Roman)
About the business
Lithodomos VR is a fast-paced scale-up based in Melbourne that specialises in archaeologically correct reconstructions of the ancient world in virtual reality. Although our core content production focusses on the Greek and Roman worlds, we also venture into earlier and later periods.
About the role
You will work closely with talented 3D artists to bring the ancient world back to life in virtual reality. You will prepare concise academically researched scopes, digital assets and technical documents for a team 3D artists. You will digitise archaeological reports, and will direct multiple simultaneous projects using best practice agile and scrum methodology. You will also liaise with other archaeologists and cultural heritage clients. You will take an active role in creating and reviewing work as it progresses through project pipelines and write up final reports.
Benefits and perks
Our South Melbourne-based studio is a sociable and focussed workspace. You will expand your research skills and knowledge by working on a day to day basis with Greek and Roman archaeological material, while also liaising with on site colleagues and cultural heritage institutions in Australia, Europe and the United States.
Skills and experience
The prerequisite skills for this role are:
• A PhD qualification in Greek and/or Roman archaeology
• A specialised knowledge in Greek and Roman architecture
• Excellent skills in the manipulation of digital images including: scanning, correcting, scaling, cleaning up etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A good knowledge of a GIS software application
• Demonstrable project management skills
• An ability to work and research independently, plan for and meet crucial project deadlines
The desirable skills for this role are:
• Confidence with G-suite: gdrive, gmail, gdocs etc
• Experience and a strong understanding of 3D modelling and 3D scanning
• Experience within a cultural heritage organisation, e.g. a museum
How to apply for the role:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com and mention that you are applying to the Archaeologist position as advertised on the Australian Archaeology website.