- 500+ Delegates
- National & International Membership
- Premier Australian Archaeology Conference
- Expand Your Market
- Raise your Organisational Profile
- Develop Partnerships
AAA2016 offers a unique opportunity for businesses to showcase their work, products and services at the premier Australian archaeological event of the year.
Hosted by Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council, the Conference is being held in Terrigal, NSW from 6-8 December 2016 and will consist of 3 full days of papers, presentations, meetings and social events.
Sponsorship provides opportunities for exposure and interaction with our delegates at all events. We offer a range of sponsorship packages, but are happy to discuss and ideas you may have.
Who we are
The AAA is a not for profit association of professional archaeologists and associates which:
- Seeks to advance all forms of archaeology and archaeological knowledge;
- Promotes ethical archaeological research;
- Recognises the ownership of cultural heritage by the relevant Indigenous peoples;
- Publicises the importance of study and conservation of archaeological sites and collections;
- Publishes the journal Australian Archaeology; and
- Convenes an annual conference to share the results of our members’ work and research.
Our members work around the world with Indigenous peoples, communities of descent and contemporary custodians on historic sites, nautical and terrestrial and extra-terrestrial sites and with a wide range of physical, biological and social scientists.
|Benefits of Sponsorship||Sponsorship Packages|
|Bronze||Silver||Gold||Platinum||Conference Dinner||Display Table||Program Advert
|Company logo and URL hyperlink on Conference website||X||X||X||X||X|
|Company logo in official program||X||X||X||X||X|
|½ page advertisement in official program||X||X||X|
|Company pull-up banner displayed at venue||X||X||X||X|
|Company logo displayed on screen during keynote sessions||X||X||X|
|Complimentary Conference registration for 1 delegate||X||X|
|Complimentary tickets to Conference Dinner||X(1)||X (4)|
|Company banner displayed at Conference Dinner||X|
|Attendance at Meet the Graduates for
|Inclusion of promotion material in Conference satchels||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Display table at venue||X||X||X||X|
Archaeology, and the wide range of social and scientific disciplines associated with it, is at the cutting edge of scientific exploration and knowledge about the movement, settlement and lives of early humans. The papers presented at this conference will cover the latest research results, key heritage issues and new advancements in the application of scientific techniques which will generate considerable media and public interest.
Our delegates are interested in the latest technologies, publications, services and advances in research that will complement their work. Our delegates love to learn about the places they visit; their histories and amenities.
Many delegates visit local heritage, produce and entertainment sites during and after the conference.
Feedback from previous sponsors has shown that sponsorship provides strong results in terms of:
- extended markets for both products and services;
- expanded professional networks;
- information sharing;
- development of partnerships;
- increased awareness of organisations; and
- enhanced corporate exposure.
Where the Sponsorship Money Goes
The costs associated with hosting the Conference are many, varied, and large – sponsorship monies are used in a number of ways to offset costs, including but not limited to support for the:
- Participation and travel costs for Indigenous delegates who may not otherwise be able to attend;
- Travel costs of students presenting at the conference;
- Awards given at the Conference Dinner/Annual Awards Ceremony; and
- Preparation of conference materials such as registration packs and publication of conference handbooks and abstracts.
What to do next?
If you are interested in providing sponsorship or partnering with us for the AAA2016 Conference, please contact:
Julie Jerbic, Conference Manager
[email protected] – 07 5580 8677
Sharon Hodgetts, Conference Convenor
[email protected] – 02 4351 2930
Annie Ross, Conference Convenor
[email protected] – 0408 773 252
Click below to download Sponsorship Prospectus.