The Australian Archaeological Association (AAA) is the largest archaeological organisation in Australia and is continuing to grow, domestically and internationally, in both membership numbers and recognition. AAA represents a diverse membership of professionals, academics, students, and others with an interest in archaeology. AAA offers several categories of membership all of which provide members with the following;
- Two volumes of our flagship journal, Australian Archaeology
- Online, instant access to all back issues of Australian Archaeology since 1974;
- Opportunities to promote your work or issues of relevance to our membership via our web and email news feeds, media releases or our job, volunteer or fieldschool announcements;
- Discounted registration for our Annual Conference; and,
- Ability to participate in our Annual General Meeting and subcommittees, and thus become involved in shaping the future direction of the Association.
Membership runs from the date of renewal/sign up to the 31st of December of that calendar year. This is due to the mail out of our journal (in June and December) and the timing of our conference (December). Be aware if you renew after the June mail out you will receive both issues of Australian Archaeology for that year in December. If you renew after the mail out of journal in December you will receive your two issues of Australian Archaeology in the following June. If you renew late in the year for the next calendar year then an email to the membership secretary would be appreciated and can help to avoid any confusion.
Special note for institutional subscribers
Please note, an Institutional Journal Subscription does not include access to the JSTOR archive of Australian Archaeology. Institutions will need to arrange access to the AA back catalogue separately to the AAA subscription. This does not affect other membership types.